Job Title: Sustainability Specialist
FLSA Status: Exempt
Salary: $80,000 - $120,000
Position Description Summary:
J|Ds Facilities Asset Management & Sustainability practice is growing. We are seeking a motivated practitioner to join our Facilities Services group in our Atlanta, GA office. The ideal candidate would bring significant sustainability/resilience experience and provide leadership and cutting-edge technical support to deliver on our current projects and help grow our business in the airport industry.
As a senior technical practitioner, you will be fully accountable for successfully managing and delivering services on a range of airport-related projects focused on sustainability and resilience, while networking with J|D’s national professional team to share best practices across the other service lines that we provide, including airline services, program management, business operations and planning services.
Essential Function(s) of the Position:
- Coordinate with multiple internal and external stakeholders in the development and implementation of strategic, airport-wide sustainability- and resilience-based initiatives.
- Manage and lead multi-disciplinary teams comprised of technical analysts, planners, engineers, architects and other specialists to identify and address asset management issues, as well as existing or future environmental, sustainability, and resilience problems.
- Assist airport clients in the formulation and planning for sustainability initiatives and other innovative airport development projects related to: renewable energy technologies; waste reduction and recycling; and “green” design, such as Leadership in Energy & Environmental Design (LEED).
- Develop and maintain relationships that ensure the highest level of client satisfaction and promote the development of future business opportunities.
- Develop a working understanding of J|D’s other consulting practice areas and actively support marketing other additional services to existing and new clients.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor of Science with an educational focus in sustainability.
- 7 to 15 years of proven experience working in the airport environment, including having an advanced understanding of how airports and airlines operate.
- Professional credentials in the areas of sustainability and resilience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to self-motivate and lead others internally and externally.
- Excellent computer skills; thorough understanding of Microsoft Office suite.
- Ability to learn new skills and abilities through on the job training
- Attention to detail with respect to quality standards.
- Recognized technical expertise in the sustainability marketplace.
- Advanced knowledge or understanding of state-of-the-art and innovative technologies and concepts associated with sustainability, resilience, energy efficiency, recycling, and LEED.
- Advanced knowledge of planning the construction of new airport facilities, replacement and renewal of existing facilities, and related activities, including: cost estimating, scheduling, budgeting, contract negotiation, and performance reporting.
- Demonstrated commitment to manage, lead, and mentor highly talented junior staff.
- Excellent writing, communication, strategic thinking, and “people” skills.
- Above average presentation skills.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and demanding environment, often on multiple, simultaneous work assignments.
5. Ability to interact in group settings, using judgement and discretion, to always represent the firm in the desired manner.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that an employee must be able to accomplish in order to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, sit for long periods of time, bend, use hands to manipulate (type), talk and hear; walk; sit, and lift or move no more than ten (10) pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral visions, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this position, employees are regularly required to use written and oral communication skills; read and interpret data, information, and documents; analyze and solve problems, use math and mathematical reasoning; observe and interpret situations; learn and apply new information or new skills; work under deadlines with occasional interruptions, and interact with staff and other organizations.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Primarily in an office environment, however some fieldwork will be required. In addition, periodic schedule adjustments will be made for 3rd shift work tasks. Must be available for periodic business travel.
Position reports to Business Unit or Practice Area Leader, or other Senior Management as identified during the hiring or annual review process.