Project Assistant ( Intern)
Job Title: Project Assistant (Intern)
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Position Description Summary:
Perform administrative, technical, and marketing services to support the efficient, effective and profitable operation of the firm.
Essential Function(s) of the Position:
· Perform administrative functions including expense reports, telephone messages, filing, mail, arrange meetings, etc.
· Have working knowledge of word processing/spreadsheet software, printers, binding equipment, copiers, and facsimiles.
· Develop and refine technical skills related to the firm’s needs (e.g. CAD, presentation skills, writing skills, client coordination, graphics software, database software, GIS, cost estimating, scheduling, etc.).
· Complete project related tasks as assigned by project manager/coordinator (e.g., data collection, data analysis, data presentation, report/letter/memo writing, exhibit (CAD and graphics) preparation, etc.).
· Establish and maintain official documents and records in appropriate files.
· Proofread materials for the professional staff.
· Maintain effective communication with peers, supervisors, and clients as necessary
· Complete tasks in an efficient and timely manner.
· Compose correspondence requiring understanding of firm and professional staff views, philosophy, and some technical knowledge.
· Present data clearly using graphical or narrative tools depending on intended audience.
· Develop and understand how the firm generates revenue and controls costs.
· Assist in training other employees (including interns and co-ops) as directed.
· Be aware of potential business and identify follow-on work opportunities and discusses with supervisors/managers
· Create, assemble and distribute marketing material.
· Switchboard Relief.
· Perform other related duties as assigned.
Should be a self-starter, able to work independently with a minimum amount of guidance.
· Participates in marketing efforts
· Awareness of potential business
· Understanding of company services
· Identifies follow-on work opportunities and capabilities
· Interact with the client and/or client personnel in a professional manner
Employee Self-development/Interpersonal Relations
Must be a team player, working in concert with peers to obtain common goals. It is vital to build appropriate rapport with professional staff her/she supports, using diplomacy and tact to sensitive matters. Should possess professional manner in dealing with clients.
· Maintain productivity
· External professional activities
· Identify problems and solutions
· Communication skills
· Writing skills
· Seeks opportunity to better technology
· Presentation abilities
· Be a team player
· Manage time well
· Be a good (active) listener
· Define self-development goal
Administrative Functions (Client and Firm)
· Takes responsibility for accurate and timely reporting of times sheets and expense reports.
· Has an awareness of client project management (i.e., budget, time management).
Education and Experience:
Obtained or working towards a degree in aviation management, urban planning, architecture, engineering, quantitative analysis, math, computer sciences, graphic, computer-aided design or public administration is desirable and most appropriate.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
· Leader - leads by example, supports growth agenda, strong public persona and industry presence
· Decision making – able to make sound, well-informed, and objective decisions; able to perceive the impact and implications of decisions. Can commit to action even in uncertain situations in order to accomplish organizational goals.
· Customer Service – Able to assess the needs of the customers, provide information or assistance, resolve issues or problems and satisfy expectations. Knows about available products and services and is committed to providing quality work.
· Communicator - Able to effectively communicate with team members and management.
· Innovator - forward thinking, can imagine the possibilities of a national practice.
· Highly organized. Able to multi-task to accomplish desired productivity levels and outcomes.
· Above average presentation skills.
· A high level of integrity with the ability to gain the trust of the client.
· Above average time management skills.
· Expert problem solver. Able to identify problems, determine accuracy and relevance of information and use sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives and make recommendations.
· Above average reasoning ability. Able to identify rules principles, or relationships that explain facts, data, or other information; analyze information and make correct inferences or draw accurate conclusions.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite applications.