IT Project Manager
Job Description and Responsibilities
Job Title: IT Project Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
Position Description Summary:
The IT Project Manager is primarily responsible for developing the corporate technology vision and provides leadership in the development and implementation of the company-wide IT and systems plan. The Project Manager possesses specific ability; experience and education to perform highly specialized and detailed work in the field of IT management and office systems administration. The Project Manager will be responsible for aligning the corporate Information systems goals with the goals and objectives of the company. The IT director is expected to lead by example and participate in the day-to-day support of the IT infrastructure.
Essential Function(s) of the Position:
Information Systems Administration
- Responsible for the planning and implementation of all corporate information systems including Networking, IT systems, Data and Network Security, Telephony, and other office systems
- Oversees that the IT policies, procedures and migration plans are consistent with the IT goals and objectives of the company and the overall policies and procedures of the company.
- Responsibility for IT staffing levels and budgeting projections, both capital and operating, on a company-wide and office by office basis.
- Prepares annual budget estimates and tracks and reports performance on a regular basis, recommends changes to Executive Management
- Approves all corporate IT purchases
- Provides day to day oversight and management of Information Systems Technicians and Network Administrators
- Assists IT Personnel and other employees with day-to-day IT support including troubleshooting of user issues, set up of new equipment and other tasks as necessary to support the Company.
- Oversees the implementation of network security at a corporate level, recommends improvements and user policies to protect corporate and client data.
- Oversees the identification and implementation of solutions to satisfy the future needs to the network.
- Installs, tests and services network infrastructure as necessary
- Oversees the planning and management and operation of the corporate telephone system and manages all company-wide upgrade efforts.
Help Desk Administration
- Oversees the implementation and management of JDA’s help desk activities and resolves any escalated issues that have been sent up by the Network Administrator.
- Responsible for the corporate asset management program including enforcing policies and maintaining asset database.
- Helps establish and build relationships with vendors.
- Manages projects in well-defined focus areas for aviation and non-aviation related projects.
- Coordinates with project managers to ensure human and technology resource requirements for all projects are met.
- Prepares task planning and budgeting spreadsheets for the annual corporate budget for all items under their purview as well as specific project level implementation budgets for any new or proposed system or infrastructure improvement.
- Reports to Executive and Operational Management Committees to provide system updates, communicate infrastructure and budget requirements
Education and Experience:
Four-year college degree or a minimum of 15 years of experience. Degree in Computer Networking/Security or Science is most appropriate. Master's degree in in Computer Science/Business Management is preferred. Fifteen years of experience with Information Technology and at least ten years in a supervisory or management capacity.
Valid Driver’s License
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Possess knowledge of hardware and software, including a variety of operating systems. Knowledge of various office productivity software programs, such as Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project.
- Knowledge of local and wide area network design, implementation, and operation.
- Understanding of asset management program development and implementation as well as development of associated policies and procedures
- Knowledge of business processes and their interrelationship gained through three or more years of related experience.
- Interpersonal savvy; Ability to make and maintain relationships both with clients and J|D team members.
- Ability to analyze and resolve complex issues, both logical and interpersonal.
- Ability to effectively communicate; verbally and written and effective presentation skills.
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment to support the needs of varied JD Staff and work assignments
- Efficient planning and project management ability
- Efficient planning and project management ability.
- A high level of integrity with the ability to invoke the trust of the COO and Executive Management Team
- Above average time management skills.
- Able to travel up to 30%
The physical demands described here are representative of those that an employee must be able to accomplish in order to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, sit for long periods of time, bend, use hands to manipulate (type), utilize small hand tools, talk and hear; walk; sit, and lift or move no more than ten (10) pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral visions, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this position, employees are regularly required to use written and oral communication skills; read and interpret data, information, and documents; analyze and solve problems, use math and mathematical reasoning; observe and interpret situations; learn and apply new information or new skills; work under deadlines with occasional interruptions, and interact with staff and other organizations.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Primarily in an office environment. May be required to travel up to 25% of the time to office sites.
Position reports to Practice Area Leader or Management Partners.