Senior Facility Program Maintenance Manager
Job Description and Responsibilities
Job Title: Senior Facility Maintenance Program Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
Position Description Summary:
The Senior Facilities Maintenance Program Manager (FMPM) is expected to have expertise in utilizing a life-cycle management approach to support operational objectives and long-term facility maintenance goals. The ability to implement and maintain a Central Maintenance Management System (CMMS) using International Facilities Management Association (IFMA) standards, Project Management Professional (PMP) principles, and construction project management practices are preferred. Experience with Asset Management standards and systems is also preferred.
The FMPM is responsible for supporting the transition from construction to on-going day-to-day maintenance of equipment, machinery, infrastructure, and facilities. Similarly, the FMPM will support the transition of existing facilities from their current maintenance plans to a standardized program. The position plans, budgets and schedules facility modifications, including estimates on equipment, labor, materials, and other related costs.
Essential Function(s) of the Position:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Plans budgets and schedules facility modifications, including cost estimates.
· Inspects construction, installation progress, and turnover.
· Initiates planned maintenance programs for a variety of equipment, including kitchen equipment, MEP systems, and furniture, fixtures and equipment (FF&E).
· Manages preventive maintenance of facility equipment, including HVAC and FF&E.
· Oversees the cleaning and maintenance of facility.
· Develops and administers the annual budget.
· Prepares facility standards guideline and conducts routine audits.
· Provides feedback to design and construction teams for future projects.
· Preference given to experience with high-end hospitality facilities.
· Airport operations experience a plus.
· Must be able to complete a criminal history background check to obtain required airport security badges and work in secure airport areas.
Facilities Asset Management
· Full understanding of facilities asset life-cycle management from concept development and strategic planning, to activation and re-use/repurposing.
· Competency in remaining useful life calculations for facility system components and composite calculations at the facility level.
· The ability to articulate and develop sustainability goals and concepts utilizing total costs of assets cost models during the planning, design and construction of new and/or repurposed facilities is preferred.
· Assist in the development of comprehensive warranty management plans during the design and construction of existing and new facilities.
· Must possess the competency to understand and have strong familiarity with retroactive and new facility commissioning plans for facility and utility systems.
· Strong familiarity with LEED standards, facility certification requirements.
· Composes correspondence requiring understanding of firm and professional staff views, philosophy, and some technical knowledge.
· Develops technical writing skills to the level where simple technical memoranda or discreet sections of technical documents, when given a directed writing task, can be completed within agreed upon timeframes and without need of major rewriting.
· Presents data clearly using graphical or narrative tools depending on intended audience.
· With direction, prepares client presentations for delivery by senior Associates. Gives presentations during internal training or brown bag lunches on topics as assigned.
· Produces reports and other documents based on the needs of the staff and clients
· Learns how to build client relationships. Interacts independently with clients on directed work projects.
· Performs proof reading of large client deliverables or proposals as assigned to ensure no typographical, spelling or grammatical errors occur. Identifies inconsistencies within the framework of the document. This skill does not include content review.
· Drafts responses to RFPs as identified by J|D as we; as statements of work for new or potential contracts
· Assists in business development efforts as directed and participates in proposal interviews and marketing presentations as needed.
· Is aware of potential business and identify follow-on work opportunities and discusses with supervisors/managers
· Establishes and maintains professional relationships while acting as client contact/coordinator in order to meet the client’s needs.
· Possesses a good understanding of the proposal process and is able to prepare sections or tasks as assigned within acceptable time frames and without need for major rewriting.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor of Science with technical training in facilitymaintenance required. Minimum of five years of progressive experience andresponsibility in the facilities maintenance field, two of which in asupervisory support position directing a multifunctional maintenance staff.Preference given to experience with developing successful facility maintenanceprograms.
International Facilities Management Association (IFMA)
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
1. Highly organized. Able to multi-task to accomplish desired productivity levels and outcomes.
2. Action oriented; able to drive and achieve results; takes the initiative in getting the job done.
3. Client Focus; Understands client needs and how to deliver desired objectives.
4. Expert in the functional/technical skills needed for this position.
5. Possess a thorough understanding of the processes and project requirements.
6. Possesses a thorough understanding of analytical processes and technical evaluations.
7. Interpersonal savvy; ability to make and maintain relationships both with clients and J|D team members.
8. Ability to manage and measure outcomes; ability to effectively manage assigned projects and communicate progress to management as well as the client.
9. Efficient planning and project management ability.
10. Skilled in both written and oral communications; Able to effectively communicate with team members and management.
11. Above average presentation skills
12. A high level of integrity with the ability to invoke the trust of the client.
13. Above average time management skills.
14. Expert problem solver. Able to identify problems, determine accuracy and relevance of information and use sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives and make recommendations.
15. Above average reasoning ability. Able to identify rules principles, or relationships that explain facts, data, or other information; analyze information and make correct inferences or draw accurate conclusions.
16. Expert in Microsoft Office Suite applications.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, sit for long periods of time, bend, use hands to manipulate (type), talk and hear; walk; sit, and lift or move no more than ten (10) pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral visions, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this position, employees are regularly required to use written and oral communication skills; read and interpret data, information, and documents; analyze and solve problems, use math and mathematical reasoning; observe and interpret situations; learn and apply new information or new skills; work under deadlines with occasional interruptions, and interact with staff and other organizations.
Primarily in an office environment. Will be required to travel regularly and as needed to company subsidiaries and satellite/client offices to conduct job responsibilities. Periodic weekend or evening work is expected.
Directors and Vice Presidents as assigned.