Job Description and Responsibilities
Job Title: CADD Technician (Computer-Aided Design)
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Salary: $25,000 - $50,000
Position Description Summary:
Under the supervision of the CADD Manager, the 3D CAD Technician performs a variety of design/drafting activities including preparing/updating CAD drawings for projects, assisting in establishing guidelines and procedures for CAD data management.
Essential Function(s) of the Position:
Duties and Responsibilities
· Prepare dimensional drawings and exhibits, including complex drawings such as Airport Layout Plan (ALP) drawings and other analytical plans.
· Create and utilize BIM objects to prepare drawings and perform analysis.
· In collaboration with the assigning office or project team, revise and update existing drawings reflecting design changes.
· Review blueprints, plans, specifications and other client documentation if requested by the project manager.
· Assist in establishing design guidelines for drawings and keeping standard reference drawings up to date as directed by the CAD Manager.
· Other duties, as required, relating to the production of drawing sets, exhibits, and physical plats for projects, etc.
· Create invoices for projects and performing responsibilities within allocated budgets on a monthly basis.
Education and Experience:
Associate’s degree or completion of a technical trade school in CAD, drafting or related field, or any equivalent combination of experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities. BIM modeling and detailing experience using Autodesk Civil 3D software (required). Experience using AutoCad 2D design software (required). Experience in Architectural layout and detailing (preferred).
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
· Proficient in AutoCAD/Autodesk software
· Action oriented; able to drive and achieveresults; takes the initiative in getting the job done.
· Above average communication skills, both oraland written.
· Excellent computer skills; thoroughunderstanding of Microsoft Office Suite.
· Possess a thorough understanding of theprocesses and project requirements.
· Ability to generate layout drawings fromsketches and specifications.
· Knowledgeable of standard drafting practices andprocedures.
· Able to work with minimal supervision;efficiently schedule and manage time.
· Efficient planning and project managementability.
· Skilled in both written and oral communications;Able to effectively communicate with team members andmanagement.
· Above average presentation skills
· A high level of integrity with the ability toinvoke the trust of the client.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that an employee must be able to accomplish in order to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, sit for long periods of time, bend, use hands to manipulate (type), talk and hear; walk; sit, and lift or move no more than ten (10) pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral visions, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this position, employees are regularly required to use written and oral communication skills; read and interpret data, information, and documents; analyze and solve problems, use math and mathematical reasoning; observe and interpret situations; learn and apply new information or new skills; work under deadlines with occasional interruptions, and interact with staff and other organizations.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Primarily in an office environment. May be required to travel occasionally as needed to company subsidiaries and satellite/client offices to conduct due diligence. Periodic weekend or evening work is expected.