Terminal Airline Representative (Project Manager)
Job Description and Responsibilities
Job Title: Terminal Airline Representative (Project Manager)
FLSA Status: Exempt
Position Description Summary:
Jacobsen|Daniels is looking for a talented, motivated, and self-reliant Civil Engineer, Architect, Aviation Project Manager, Construction Manager, Planner or airline operations specialist with 5-10 years’ experience in terminal design and construction, airline operations, airport design, planning, and operations; terminal / larger building construction/implementation experience a plus. The successful candidate will have at least a Bachelor’s Degree, from an accredited University or Program in one of the following, or other closely related disciplines: Civil Engineering, Architecture, Construction Engineering or Management, Aviation Management.
Essential Functions(s) of the Position:
The essential functions described here are representative of those that an employee must be able to accomplish in order to successfully perform this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Evaluate and implement solutions to operational impacts and coordinate resolution with client, tenants, designers and construction teams.
2. Design review of conceptual and detailed design for airport terminal and airfield improvements including terminals, concourses, apron areas, specialty systems such as baggage handling, airline and common use terminal equipment, major drainage and storm water management, electrical communication distribution systems, utilities, cargo buildings, passenger terminal facilities, NAVAIDs, and other airport or airline facilities.
3. Representation of clients in progress meetings, coordinate design, address operational issues and develop solutions.
4. Maintains effective communication with peers, supervisors, and clients as necessary.
5. Development of project phasing to address operational issues.
6. Review and development of program schedules, and evaluation or development of alternative or recovery options.
7. Development and review of project cost estimates and program budgets.
8. Preparation of status reports, presentations and materials explaining operational impacts or general project information to clients and others.
9. Must communicate technical issues to a non-technical audience both verbally and in writing.
10. Monitoring of construction status and coordination with representatives of the construction team on project status and construction issues.
11. Performs specialized tasks as required, in the area of expertise, with minimal supervision and within acceptable time frames, and at highest quality level.
12. General record keeping, filing, document and graphic preparation.
13. Performs other tasks with direction, outside of area of technical expertise.
14. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
Must have a background in aviation capital project development and implementation; must have experience with Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access; CAD and graphics software experience preferable. Must be able to obtain airport security clearance, which requires a 10-year criminal background check.
· Valid Driver’s License
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
1. Ability to understand construction needs and airline operations to evaluate potential operational impacts.
2. Ability to identify potential cost and saving opportunities.
3. Ability to read plans and design drawings
4. Ability to evaluate consistency with program scope.
5. Ability to make alternative design recommendations.
6. Above average communication skills, both oral and written.
7. Ability to prepare detailed written comments.
8. Ability to comment and coordinate with designer and program team.
9. Ability to self-motivate.
10. Above average presentation skills.
11. Excellent computer skills; thorough understanding of Microsoft Office suite.
12. Ability to work within a structured environment with set expectations.
13. Ability to complete assigned tasks without deviation from established approvals.
14. Attention to detail with respect to quality standards.
15. Ability to interact in group settings, using judgement and discretion, to always represent the firm in the desired manner.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that an employee must be able to accomplish in order to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, sit for long periods of time, bend, use hands to manipulate (type), talk and hear; walk; sit, and lift or move no more than ten (10) pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral visions, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this position, employees are regularly required to use written and oral communication skills; read and interpret data, information, and documents; analyze and solve problems, use math and mathematical reasoning; observe and interpret situations; learn and apply new information or new skills; work under deadlines with occasional interruptions, and interact with staff and other organizations.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Primarily in an office environment and project construction site. May be required to travel as needed to company subsidiaries and satellite/client offices to conduct due diligence. Periodic weekend or evening work is expected.
Position reports to Business Unit or Practice Area Leader, or other Senior Management as identified during the hiring or annual review process.