Accounts Payable Clerk
Job Description and Responsibilities
Job Title: Accounts Payable Clerk
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Salary: $17.88 - $20.19
Position Description Summary:
Under the close direction of senior personnel, the Accounts Payable representative prepares and processes payments accurately and on time for amounts owed by the company. Reviews and verifies all purchase orders, statements, and invoices needed to prepare payments. Analyzes invoices and expense reports for accuracy and eligibility for payment. Reconciles bills and balances accounts. Identifies and resolves any discrepancies to an account. Tracks all payment and transaction records using applicable systems. Prepares accounts payable register and related reports in a timely manner. Maintain vendor files.
Essential Qualification(s) of the Position:
- Ensure timely payments of vendor invoices and expense vouchers.
- Maintains accurate financial records.
- Assist with the month end close.
- Responsible for monthly balance sheet account reconciliations.
- Complete and submit subcontractor payment confirmations
- Process A/R transactions.
- Provide A/R reporting as requested/needed.
- Assist with month end invoicing process (Replicon reports, PM Review Report)
- Prepare monthly Billability Report
- General administrative tasks/projects as assigned
Education and Experience
· Certification or Associate’s Degree in Business and 2 years of experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skill, and Abilities:
· Ability to learn new skills and abilities through on the job training.
· Thorough understanding of Microsoft Office suite.
· Ability to self-motivate
· Ability to analyze and interpret financial data.
· Above average communication skills, both oral and written.
· Attention to detail with respect to quality standards
The physical demands described here are representative of those that an employee must be able to accomplish in order to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, sit for long periods of time, bend, use hands to manipulate (type), perform repetitive motions, talk and hear; walk; sit, and lift or move no more than twenty five(25) pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral visions, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this position, employees are regularly required to use written and oral communication skills; read and interpret data, information, and documents; analyze and solve problems, use math and mathematical reasoning; observe and interpret situations; learn and apply new information or new skills; work under deadlines with occasional interruptions, and interact with staff and other organizations. Must have the ability to handle stressful situations in a calm, professional manner and exhibit good judgment.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Primarily in an office environment.
Position reports to the Controller